Skip to main content

THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil

Bukchon Hanok Village 북촌한옥마을

A cafe in Seoul
Bukchon Hanok Village is an area with traditional houses from the Joseon Dynasty time. A lot of people still live in these beautiful wooden houses. Visiting the area is a good opportunity for a tourist to see some traditional side of South Korea. The area itself is usually pretty crowded and many people rent a hanbok = a traditional Korean dress and go to take pictures in Hanok Village. I recommend go there in the weekdays and not during the holiday season.
Hanbok rental
Hanbok rental
Mountains
When you climb up a bit you can see beautiful mountain views. When I visit this area I go in the afternoon before the sun is setting down. After taking enough pictures, enjoying the atmosphere and wandering around, I walk the side of the mountain view back to the shopping street. On this street you can also find a few rooftop cafes!
A hanok tea house
In the Hanok Village you can find some traditional cafes and tea houses. They have simple and charming entrances and you can usually see the menu beforehand. Don't hesitate to go in, I promise you won't be disappointed for paying a few extra bucks to enjoy the cup of coffee in a hanok = a traditional Korean house. 
I also found some art studios, culture centers and guesthouses. I wanted to take pictures of the paintings in the art studio but I want to respect the copyrights of the pictures so unfortunately I can't post them here (go and see them yourself instead!) The area has also many small shops to buy some handicrafts or accessories. Pretty cool area to spend your holiday or just to visit during your business trip in Seoul. 
When you go to Bukchon Hanok Village, I recommend to visit Gyeonbokgung Palace the same day. They are located next to each other so it is easy to go first to the palace and then walk from there to Bukchon Hanok Village!
The address:
37, Gyedong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 계동길 37 (계동)

Thanks for reading and remember to Subscribe my blog or Follow my with Bloglovin!

Comments