Skip to main content

THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil

Top 5 things in Seoul, South Korea

Today I want to tell about my Top 5 things in Korea.

1. Korean cosmetics
It is crazy how big the cosmetic industry is here. You can find cosmetic stores basically in every corner; Etude House, Innisfree, Nature Republic, Tony Moly, Missha etc. I think the cosmetic industry is way ahead of ours. I think one of the biggest things you can see everywhere is face masks. Most of them are only 1-2 dollars per piece! So different compared to Finland where we have very a few places to buy cosmetic products.

2. Cafes in Seoul
One of the things which make me super Finnish is my love towards coffee. I can't live a day without coffee but sometimes I can't live a day without cafes either. There are cafes for everyone: modern, indie, hippie, cute, anime, rooftop, animal, chain, piano, flower...it is a never ending list. In addition to huge selection of cafes, they're often very beautifully decorated and the atmosphere gets its final touch with nice music and lights. Prices are often 4-10 dollars.
Cafe in Seoul

3. Surroundings
The first time I travelled here  in the spring 2017, I fell in love with the big city feeling. Skyscrapers, long bridges, the riverside view, mountains, lights, colors and music. Also the feeling of "Korea". When I visited Hongdae for the first time I was so excited! It was so crowded and I saw people performing on the streets, karaoke rooms, clothes shops, claw machine game halls, cafes, street food, clubs...I felt I arrived to a place with unlimited options.
Night in Hongdae

4. Transportation
So simple thing as transportation can affect your life dramatically. Subways are fast, convenient and you can transfer to a bus without an extra fee within 30 minutes. The seats are heated in the winter time and the air conditioner is on in the summer. Using a taxi is safe and also pretty cheap. If the place is not reachable by subway, you can be pretty sure you will find a bus there. Just go to the nearest convenient store and buy your T-money card first!
Subway station Itaewon

5. Korean people 
I think Korean people are interesting and lovely. From my experience people here love to drink and have fun, they're always helpful, family is important to them, most of them dress well, they have good sense of humour and they love to spend good time with their friends even after long working days. Even tho the older generation might not speak English too much, many young people do more and more.
Thanks for reading and until the next post!

Comments